Top 10 Best Point and Shoot Cameras Under $200
The compact point and shoot cameras are the excellent choice for those who cannot handle and afford DSLR cameras. These small sized cameras are perfect for capturing detailed, high-quality, and clear and bright photos on the go.
The point and shoot cameras come in different types and size, but if you have a low budget, then you can go for the small sized cameras without compromising on image and video quality.
In this article, we have mentioned the five best point and shoot cameras that are available under $200. All the mentioned cameras are equipped with advanced image sensors and processors with good optical zoom lenses.
Moreover, the advanced image stabilization system in these cameras makes them the perfect choice for travelers that give them some sort of image stabilization. So, in order to know more about these cameras, we are going to explore each camera deeply.
Also, we will guide you on how to buy the best point and shoot camera under $200 in the buyer’s guide section.
1. Sony DSCW830 20.1 Digital Camera with 2.7-inch LCD
The best affordable point and shoot camera is the Sony DSCW830. It is equipped with a 20.1 MP CCD image sensor that is responsible for producing detailed and bright images. Also, its 8x optical zoom lens allows the users to capture the distant objects with ease.
It has a 2-way active mode image stabilization that produces still images without a hint of shake and blur. The camera is also supplied with advanced flash that captures brighter images even when the subject is at some distance and in low lighting environment.
It also supports 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode, and its Intelligent Auto Mode adjusts all the required settings to provide high-quality images. Moreover, it has a sweep panorama mode and a face detection and smile shutter technology as well.
Also, different picture and beauty effects help to make ordinary scenes into creative ones.
- 2-way active mode image stabilization
- Face detection technology
- 2.7-inch LCD for better previews
- 720p MP4 HD Movie mode
- No Wi-Fi support
2. Nikon COOLPIX L32 Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle
The Nikon COOLPIX L32 is the slim and stylish camera equipped with a 3.0-inch large LCD best for reviewing shots. The camera is easy to operate with simple menus, making it a perfect choice for those who prefer easy-to-use digital cameras.
It is equipped with a smart portrait system that captures beautiful pictures of the subjects through Face Priority AF and soft focus effect. Moreover, it uses a smile shutter technology to capture smiling faces. The camera is also featured with a 5x wide-angle NIKKOR zoom lens to capture distant objects with high clarity.
Electronic Vibration Reduction feature is also the part of the camera that keeps your pictures and videos steadier. It also allows recording HD 720p videos with great sound. Moreover, it runs on regular AA batteries that are easily available in the market.
- High resolution 20.0 MP sensor
- Image stabilization
- Supports face and smile detection
- 5x wide-angle zoom lens
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
- No touch screen
3. Canon PowerShot SX610 HS – Wi-Fi Enabled
Another slim and stylish point and shoot camera is the PowerShot SX610 HS from Canon. It has a 20.2 MP high-sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, and its powerful 18 x optical zoom range is best for capturing high-class moments for beautiful memories.
The picture results are clear and sharp as the zooming action is fast and accurate, and the presence of high-resolution sensor and Intelligent Image Stabilization system offer great quality and detailed images at every zoom length.
The camera is also featured with different modes for capturing still images and recording videos. Moreover, it supports Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity for easy sharing of the pictures and videos.
The PowerShot SX610 HS also allows to remotely controlling the camera with the help of smartphone through Canon Camera Connect App.
- Powerful 18x zoom lens
- Advanced image stabilization system
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- At moderate ISOs, image quality suffers
4. Canon US 1084C001 PowerShot ELPH 190
Another camera from Canon that is perfect for capturing every day’s adventures is the ELPH 190. It is a compact sized camera but has a 10x optical zoom lens to provide images of your choice with clarity and details.
The advanced Image Stabilization of the camera is perfect for capturing photos without the blur effects. Also, its wide-angle lens allows capturing images with great depth. Moreover, the camera is equipped with a 20.0 MP CCD sensor with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor that produces excellent quality images.
The built-in Wi-Fi and NFC feature allow sharing images with ease. The camera also supports 720p HD video recording, and its additional features include scene modes, image sync function, and remote shooting with the help of Camera Connect App.
- 10x optical zoom lens
- High-resolution sensor
- Remote controlling feature
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- No full HD video support
- Maximum sensitivity is only ISO 1.600
5. Sony DSCH300/B Digital Camera
The Sony DSCH300/B is another easy-to-use camera equipped with a 20.1 MP super HAD CCD image sensor to capture amazing photos with clarity and detail. It has an Easy mode that allows the users to smoothly go through the menu.
The best thing about this camera is its 35x optical zoom lens that allows capturing subjects in great details. It also has a 3.0-inch LCD display perfect for reviewing shots and reading menus even in bright sunny conditions. Moreover, Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization is responsible for delivering good quality images with minimal blur and noise levels.
The other features of the camera include smile shutter technology, picture effect for more creative photos, Party mode for capturing photos in extreme lighting conditions, Sweep Panorama mode, and a DSLR-like body.
The main drawback of this camera is that there is no full HD video support available. Also, manual focusing is not there.
- Image stabilization
- Long battery life
- 35x optical zoom lens
- Low screen resolution
- Slow continuous shooting
Point and shoot cameras under $200 – Buyer’s guide
- When buying a camera under $200, it is necessary to make sure whether the camera offers optical zoom or digital zoom. Bigger zooms are more versatile as compared to the smaller zooms. Some of these small sized cameras use large digital zooms along with the optical zoom but keep in mind that optical zoom lens is the best regarding image quality.
- Many small cameras suffer in low lighting conditions. Their small sensors fail to produce good image quality in low lighting conditions. But some cameras use special technology to deal with this problem. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the camera you are going to buy is able to capture good quality images in low light.
- Wireless connectivity is also a feature that many people want to have in their compact sized cameras. Some cameras have built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity features and some cameras don’t offer this. But it is best to have these features to share and transfer the captured images and videos without any much effort. So, if you need wireless connectivity, go for those cameras that have built-in Wi-Fi or NFC connectivity.
- Image stabilization feature is also important to have in these compact sized cameras. Many cameras are equipped with decent image stabilization feature that provides some sort of stability to the pictures. They reduce the noise and blur levels and produce good quality images even when you are walking or riding. So, it is necessary to purchase those cameras that have good image stabilization to produce still images even when you are zooming.
- Battery life of a camera is also important to consider. Cameras having good battery life are ideal to purchase. Also, some cameras are powered by AA batteries and some have their own rechargeable batteries. So, it is up to you what camera you prefer to buy.