10 Best Soundbars under 200 – Reviews, Features & Pros/Cons
You need a soundbar to enhance the sound of your slim television. However, it is not easy to purchase one on the basis of sound quality only. There are numerous soundbars on the market and you need the one that fits your requirements and doesn’t disturb your budget as well. Choosing a soundbar under 200 Dollars when you have many others of the same variety is very tough. Although there is a diversity of soundbars, it becomes easier for you to choose if you have some of the most incredible ones organized in a specific form. You can read our detailed buying guide, if you want to know more about soundbars and their usage.
Other Soundbar Guides:
That is why we have collected some of the best soundbars under $200 and classified them accordingly.
Top 10 Soundbars under $200
1. ZVOX AccuVoice AV200 Sound Bar
- Connections: Standard cord and Remote
- Sound quality: Efficient clarification with clear voices
If you like to hear clear dialogues, you should purchase the AV200 Soundbar. Not only its sound reproduction is effective but it has the hearing aid technology as well. With this soundbar, you get to enjoy the clarity even at low volumes. Other than these aspects, it has the patented technology for making the sounds clear. It means that when you are staying up late in the night and watching a program, you can easily hear dialogues without having to raise the volume. In order to use the AV200 soundbar, you just have to adjust it and connect the standard cord. To control it, you can use the remote.
An important feature of this soundbar is all about lowering the volume of commercials when you don’t want to hear them. There are times when others are sleeping and you are watching the television. While you are watching your favorite program, a commercial suddenly pops up with its irritating sound. The loudness is enough to wake every other person in the house up. If you purchase the AV200 soundbar, you don’t have to face such a situation because it has the OL or Output Leveling feature. Whenever the commercial pops up, the volume is automatically lowered and so are your worries.
- Effective sound reproduction
- Hearing aid technology
- It has patented technology
- It has the OL feature
- Very simple to use
- The surround sound is not that good
- Bass quality is only satisfactory
- It doesn’t support Bluetooth
2. VIZIO SB2821 – D6 28-Inch 2.1 Channel Sound bar
- Connectivity: Standard audio cable and Bluetooth
- Sound quality: Ultimate surround sound quality with DTS and Dolby audio technologies
If you adore cinematic surround sound effects, you should definitely consider buying the SB2821. Other than being affordable, this soundbar seems to feature Dolby Digital, DTS TruSurround, and DTS TruVolume for delivering a powerful atmosphere that is full of sounds. While you are listening to a song, this soundbar creates a different world around you which is full of colors. Compared to the AV200, it focuses more on the surround effect rather than clarity. Although there is no special attention on the clarity of sound, there is still less than 1 percent harmonic distortion. It means that you hear only the clear sounds.
The SB2821 is a 2.1 channel soundbar speaker and there is a wireless subwoofer that you get with it. You don’t have to worry about the wires because you will not have to use them. The presence of this subwoofer ensures that not only the sound but even bass embraces you. This bass output outclasses that of AV200.
- The design is very sleek
- It has a wireless subwoofer
- Dolby and DTS audio technologies are featured
- Harmonic distortion is less than one percent
- The expansion of sound is wide
- The sound clarity is not at its best
- It doesn’t have the Output Leveling feature
3. Wohome S9920 Soundbar
- Connectivity: Line-in, Bluetooth, Optical, USB, and Coaxial
- Sound quality: Amazing precision with theatric effects
The S9920 soundbar has secured this position due to its caliber and ease of use. You can say that this soundbar is a full-package for normal users. If you don’t have a thirst for specific qualities then you will definitely come to enjoy it. With the help of DSP technology, it increases the clarity of words which you hear at a low volume. To simply put it, you don’t have to concentrate that much for hearing the voices. You can connect it using the Bluetooth and when it comes to controlling it, you can simply use the Bluetooth. Since it features Bluetooth 4.0, the range easily covers 33 feet.
In comparison with the AV200 and SB2821, it doesn’t have DTS, Dolby, and hearing aid technologies. However, it supports the DSP technology for enhancing the clarity of sounds. Additionally, there are three audio modes available for a better dynamic experience as well.
- It supports the DSP technology
- The coverage of Bluetooth is 33 feet
- There are 3 audio modes
- It creates an engulfing 3D sound
- A remote can control it
- It doesn’t support Dolby, DTS, and Hearing aid technologies
- The bass output is not that strong
4. Yamaha YAS-106 Sound Bar
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Analog, Optical, and HDMI
- Sound quality: Perfectly balanced sound
The YAS-106 is perfect for those who want not only the quality but sleek style as well. This soundbar is more or less a small package with the output of a large speaker. There are two built-in subwoofers in the soundbar along wither two tweeters. They work together to deliver an effective sound output with rich bass and good stereo. This soundbar is sleek and you can use the Bluetooth to seamlessly enjoy the music.
Other than the variety of inputs, you get a different aspect in this soundbar compared to the AV200, SB2821, and S9920. The YAS-106 has an HDMI input which plays an important role in its better sound quality. Additionally, it has five different sound modes as well and you can choose according to your situation.
- It supports the HDMI input
- Has built-in subwoofers and tweeters
- The bass is strong
- A variety of audio modes is present
- It has the capability of Bluetooth
- There are no special audio technologies like Dolby and DTS etc.
- The clarity is not that effective
5. Yamaha YAS 107 Sound Bar
- Connectivity: HDMI, Bluetooth, Analog, and Optical
- Sound quality: Clear dynamic output
If you want not only the sound but also the looks of your slim television to be enhanced, you can purchase the YAS-107 soundbar. It delivers powerful bass output due to its two built-in subwoofers. Meanwhile, the stereo quality is optimized by 2 built-in tweeters and all these are packed in a single compact soundbar. It supports a variety of connecting options and you can use the one which you prefer
It doesn’t support hearing aid technology like the AV200 or the Dolby digital technology like the SB2821. However, it is still very powerful in the production of bass and the surround quality because it features an HDMI input. You can adjust this sleek soundbar anywhere because you don’t have to worry about connecting wires with it. You can simply use the Bluetooth and when it comes to controlling it, you can either use the remote or the mobile application. It is quite easy actually.
- Delivers strong bass output
- It offers several connectivity options
- There are two built-in subwoofers
- It can be controlled using a mobile application
- There is no special audio technology
- The stereo clarity is not that good
6. VIZIO SB3821-C6 38-Inch 2.1 Channel Sound Bar
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Optical, and standard connecting wires
- Sound quality: Negligible distortion
Sometimes, you want your room to shake and that is why you need power. Well, the SB3821 soundbar is capable of producing such trebles because it has a subwoofer with it. It is wireless which means that you can adjust it anywhere and enjoy the bass that it produces. Similar to the SB2821, it has DTS TruSurround, DTS TruVolume, and Dolby Digital technologies for a long-lasting surround sound. When you want to feel the booming sound, you can simply connect your phone and play the tracks.
To facilitate the usage, there are some buttons available on the soundbar as well. You can control the soundbar using them as well.
- Multiple audio technologies
- It has a wireless subwoofer
- The surround quality is very efficient
- It is very simple to use
- Both the clarity and stereo quality are not that good
- It has no feature regarding dialogue enhancement
7. Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater Surround Sound Bar
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, Analog, Optical, and HDMI Arc
- Sound quality: Immersive surround sound
Compared to the top three soundbars, Polk Surround Soundbar has powerful tweeters and drivers which produce more than just clear sounds. You should underestimate its quality on the basis of its size because it uses Dolby Digital and SDA Audio Technology. Both these technologies play an important role in the production of entrancing surround sound. This soundbar doesn’t have the hearing aid technology but it does have the Voice Adjust Technology which maximizes the clarity of sound. There are different control voice levels for minimizing the delays in the voice as well.
The powerful subwoofer makes you experience theatric surround sound effects. You can simply put in anywhere you want without connecting wires. Now, you can watch movies or just play music via Bluetooth.
- SDA and Dolby Digital audio technology enabled
- Several modes for the audio
- It features powerful tweeters
- It has a powerful wireless subwoofer
- The stereo quality is inefficient
- It doesn’t have the Output Leveling feature
8. AccuVoice AV203 Sound Bar TV Speaker
- Connectivity: 3.5mm, Coaxial, and Optical
- Sound quality: Exceptionally clear sound
Just like the AV200, this soundbar has the hearing aid technology. There are some features like the PhaseCue and Dolby Digital decoding which the very first soundbar misses. Other than these aspects, this soundbar also allows you to lift the level of voice up to six standards. This way, you can hear precise voices even when the actual volume is very low.
The AV203 soundbar has a remote with it which you can use to control it easily. There are big buttons on the remote for facilitating the user. It is very similar to the AV200 but it doesn’t seem to have the OL feature for stopping the commercials.
- It has the PhaseCue surround sound technology
- A remote can control it
- There are six levels of sound boosting
- Very easy to use
- It doesn’t support HDMI input
- It doesn’t seem to support the Bluetooth connectivity
9. Razer Leviathan: Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound
- Connectivity: 3.5mm standard cord and Bluetooth
- Sound quality: Deep and mesmerizing sound
Similar to the SB2821, the Razer Leviathan feature the Dolby Digital decoding and uses four drives for producing great surround sound effects. Combined with the Dolby audio technology, the surround sound is enhanced and you feel as if you are being pulled into the world of sounds. In comparison with the top 3 soundbars, the Razer Leviathan features 4 drives which are finely tuned for delivering incredible surround sound. Additionally, it is Dolby Atmos-enabled which means that watching movies and playing games become even more fun. While you are watching, you are feeling the immersive sound. Unlike the AV200, it has an individual wireless subwoofer which you can place anywhere to fell the strong bass.
In order to offer you the room-shaking bass, this soundbar uses a subwoofer and you get awesome results. In order to facilitate your use, there are three different settings of the equalizer which you can change according to your requirements.
- There is a wireless strong subwoofer
- It features Dolby audio technology
- There are different equalizer settings
- The surround sound experience is very effective
- It doesn’t support HDMI or OL feature
- The stereo quality is not at its utmost
10. Sony CT290 Ultra-slim 300W Sound bar
- Connectivity: Standard cord, Bluetooth, HDMI, and USB
- Sound quality: Cinematic sound
You can actually bring your music and movies to life with this sleek soundbar. In order to deliver you the powerful surround sound, it uses a subwoofer which is wireless. You don’t have to connect wires for using it. This soundbar actually supports the HDMI ARC as well which enhances the performance. Other than your mobile phone, you can even use the USB for playing your favorite tracks.
The design of this soundbar is very slim and you can fit it about anywhere. Regardless of the place, you will be getting the best theatrical sound experience. Even though it lacks the DTS audio technology, it still produces good sound output.
- Very slim and can blend in with the atmosphere
- It supports HDMI ARC
- The sound output is efficient
- The Bluetooth accessibility is supported by it
- It doesn’t support Dolby audio technology
- The stereo quality is not that efficient
A buying guide for soundbars under $200
Other than the efficient sound quality of a soundbar, there are some aspects which must be present. Before purchasing a soundbar, you should consider the following things:
High volume and listening angles: Many soundbars have a specific spot where they sound great. You might come to adore it but when you move away, the audio quality worsens.
If you normally watch the television with your friends or family, you should definitely consider the volume and the angles by reading the reviews on soundbars. It will help you in understanding just how much the soundbar is versatile when you are not sitting in the center or the front. You can also check out the sound distortion to see if the soundbar is capable of performing better in a large room or not.
Reliable connections: If you want to recognize a soundbar as a good one, you should find if it has a digital connection or not. HDMI, coaxial, and optical inputs minimize the interference compared to the standard audio inputs. These connections also allow the soundbar to create special effects such as the virtual surround sound.
Wireless connection: Good soundbars often support the Bluetooth connectivity as well. It is quite a good aspect if you like listening to music using only your mobile phone. This way, you don’t even have to turn your television on. Some soundbars even support Wifi connectivity which allows you to make your soundbar a part of the large speaker system.
Simplicity: When you purchase a soundbar which is easy to use, you don’t waste your money at all. Just make sure that you are not being influenced by the tiny remotes which easily break and are hard to use. Usually, when you buy a big soundbar, it alters the signal of your TV remote. There are soundbars with IR repeaters that forward the signal to your television and make sure that there is disruption.
Practical and attractive style: Soundbars are commonly adjusted right in the front of your television. That is why they have to be well-styled and balanced so that they don’t stand out too much. Moreover, the buttons must be easy to reach on the soundbar so that you don’t have to twist your body just to press them.
Is the subwoofer important?
There are many soundbars that don’t need a subwoofer for producing bass. They are the full package in themselves and can fulfill your thirst of feeling the treble. To simply put it, they don’t necessarily require a subwoofer. However, some soundbars come with a subwoofer which dramatically increases the punch. It is an external box which is sometimes wireless as well and you can set it anywhere. A subwoofer costs you extra and that is why you have to consider whether you even need it or not.
If other than listening to the music, you want to watch movies and play games with extra sound quality, you should purchase it. Otherwise, you can simply skip it.
Is surround sound important?
If you want to get an immersive experience then it surely is. There are different audio technologies like Dolby and DTS which enhance the surround sound effects. With the sound centering you, it feels as if you are being pulled in the action as well. From the perspective of realistic, the surround sound is important.